Tuesday, July 7, 2015

I had an awful experience...

http://ift.tt/eA8V8J So over the weekend I went to a friend's wedding, It was on the 4th. (odd date for a wedding but it was still fun) I got there and they had a semi-open bar that was only going to be open for the first 2 hours.Anyways, I get in line excited to order an Old Fashioned because that is my favorite drink and I know all about them. What the (obviously inexperienced) bartender did next I still can't get over, it was shocking. I ask him to make me an old fashioned, using some Basil Hayden's. He walks out of the bar, goes over to the coffee area and grabs a packet of Sweet 'n Low, then comes back and throws that into a highball glass. He puts in what seemed to be 8 or 9 drops of bitters in there, then squeezes an orange and fills it with my bourbon.then he charges me $9 because that wasn't covered by the open bar. No sign anywhere saying that you could only order well drinks.I'm still a little upset about it, I've been making myself some great Old Fashioneds since then just to get over it.

So over the weekend I went to a friend's wedding, It was on the 4th. (odd date for a wedding but it was still fun) I got there and they had a semi-open bar that was only going to be open for the first 2 hours.

Anyways, I get in line excited to order an Old Fashioned because that is my favorite drink and I know all about them. What the (obviously inexperienced) bartender did next I still can't get over, it was shocking. I ask him to make me an old fashioned, using some Basil Hayden's. He walks out of the bar, goes over to the coffee area and grabs a packet of Sweet 'n Low, then comes back and throws that into a highball glass. He puts in what seemed to be 8 or 9 drops of bitters in there, then squeezes an orange and fills it with my bourbon.

then he charges me $9 because that wasn't covered by the open bar. No sign anywhere saying that you could only order well drinks.

I'm still a little upset about it, I've been making myself some great Old Fashioneds since then just to get over it.



Submitted July 07, 2015 at 02:17PM by That-Beard

No comments:

Post a Comment