Sunday, July 5, 2015

Making mojitos with cactus blossom and lime flavoured vodka?

http://ift.tt/eA8V8J In Norway you have to be 20 to buy above 22% alcohol, but you can buy below that if you're 18. There are no rums except for Malibu, which is coconut flavoured, being sold in Norway under 22% abv. I still want to try to make mojitos. I've tried Bacardi's premixed 15% abv mojito which tasted pretty good, but I want to taste for myself how much better it gets when it's freshly made.So, I have to settle for vodka instead of white rum. When I looked through the vodkas I noticed a cactus blossom and lime flavoured one. I have no earthly idea of what cactus blossom tastes like, but I know there's limes in mojitos anyway, and I'm probably going to just shot the vodka I don't make drinks with, and in that case I'd rather shot a flavoured vodka.So, do you think I should try it with the cactus blossom and lime flavoured vodka or should I just buy a flavourless one? Does someone here know what cactus blossom tastes like, and if it would fit in a mojito?

In Norway you have to be 20 to buy above 22% alcohol, but you can buy below that if you're 18. There are no rums except for Malibu, which is coconut flavoured, being sold in Norway under 22% abv. I still want to try to make mojitos. I've tried Bacardi's premixed 15% abv mojito which tasted pretty good, but I want to taste for myself how much better it gets when it's freshly made.

So, I have to settle for vodka instead of white rum. When I looked through the vodkas I noticed a cactus blossom and lime flavoured one. I have no earthly idea of what cactus blossom tastes like, but I know there's limes in mojitos anyway, and I'm probably going to just shot the vodka I don't make drinks with, and in that case I'd rather shot a flavoured vodka.

So, do you think I should try it with the cactus blossom and lime flavoured vodka or should I just buy a flavourless one? Does someone here know what cactus blossom tastes like, and if it would fit in a mojito?



Submitted July 05, 2015 at 12:12AM by randomacc435

No comments:

Post a Comment