Sunday, July 5, 2015

What else would pair well with teriyaki chicken?

http://ift.tt/eA8V8J I was assigned to make a cocktail last minute to pair with a teriyaki chicken dinner. I tried going for a grilled pineapple daiquiri, with:1 grilled pineapple ring, muddled2 oz white rum (Bacardi superior)1/2 oz lemon juice1/2 oz sugar syrup (1:1)Orange Zest ignited for garnishI didn't have much time so i had to throw something together really quick. It turned out ok; lightly sweet which complemented the teriyaki chicken's slight sweet and saltyness, and a little smoky from the pineapple. Daiquiri's normally use lime but i didn't want the cocktail to be too sour, as I didn't think it would go well with the teriyaki. There are things I could've done better; a dark aged rum and a different syrup might've worked better.Anyway, how else could I improve the recipe, and what other flavors go well with teriyaki chicken?

I was assigned to make a cocktail last minute to pair with a teriyaki chicken dinner. I tried going for a grilled pineapple daiquiri, with:

  • 1 grilled pineapple ring, muddled
  • 2 oz white rum (Bacardi superior)
  • 1/2 oz lemon juice
  • 1/2 oz sugar syrup (1:1)
  • Orange Zest ignited for garnish

I didn't have much time so i had to throw something together really quick. It turned out ok; lightly sweet which complemented the teriyaki chicken's slight sweet and saltyness, and a little smoky from the pineapple. Daiquiri's normally use lime but i didn't want the cocktail to be too sour, as I didn't think it would go well with the teriyaki. There are things I could've done better; a dark aged rum and a different syrup might've worked better.

Anyway, how else could I improve the recipe, and what other flavors go well with teriyaki chicken?



Submitted July 05, 2015 at 10:00PM by SASColiflowerz

No comments:

Post a Comment